- Striking someone or something at an angle rather than directly and with full force: he was struck a glancing blowMore example sentences
- She fires four more shots: two direct hits, two glancing blows.
- I saw him take a step back, angling his body so the next left would be a glancing blow, and not effect him as much, and it would bring my body close to his as I over extended my arm.
- The student tried to avoid the drunken man but suffered a glancing blow: ‘I was uninjured but a little shaken by the experience.’
More definitions of glancingDefinition of glancing in:
- The British & World English dictionary