Definition of glass cutter in English:
1A tool that scores a line on a piece of glass, allowing the glass to be snapped along the line.
- But also collectable is another style of cast iron combination tool which excludes a glass cutter but incorporates devices for sharpening scissors and knives, and for opening cans.
- If you have a piece of glass available, use a glass cutter and a straightedge to size a replacement pane that is 1/8 inch smaller in length and width than the opening it must fit.
- For insurance reasons, do-it-yourselfers can't use the chopper, power tools, mat cutter or the glass cutter.
glass cutting noun
- Example sentences
- The Network is currently organising a 10 week training programme in glass cutting, etching and painting.
- The patent specification illustration shows the cutting wheel set in the end of a handle similar to that previously used for holding a diamond for glass cutting.
- Accompanied by his mother Margaret, Chris received rapturous applause from all in the complex as he made his way around the factory, also turning his hand to a bit of glass cutting.
Definition of glass cutter in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia