Definition of glassblowing in English:
The craft of making glassware by blowing air through a tube of semimolten glass.
- For many years, I've been longing to try what I saw as one of the most difficult crafts of all: glass-blowing.
- Traditional Lebanese crafts include basketry, carpet weaving, ceramics and pottery, copper-and metalworking, embroidery, glass-blowing, and gold-and silversmithing.
- Like several of Taiwan's other localized festivals - Hsinchu's glass-blowing and Hualien's marble - sculpting festivals - the Steel and Iron Festival features art that draws on materials once vital to its local economy.
- Example sentences
- Then you can stroll around the special interest shops, spend time in one of the three excellent small galleries, or watch the glass-blowers or ceramcists in action.
- The way she puts it, though, ‘At this point I'm primarily a glass-blower and a painter.’
- He's now a scientific glass-blower at the university and repairs broken laboratory equipment and makes specialised glassware.
Definition of glassblowing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.