- He also has arthritis and is in the early stages of glaucoma, another disease leading to gradual loss of sight.
- There has been a lot of debate about whether high blood pressure increases the risk of glaucoma.
- In both uveitis and acute glaucoma, patients complain of deep, aching pain with loss of vision.
- Example sentences
- Vision may still be 6/6 even at the terminal stage of glaucomatous field loss (tunnel vision)
- Conversely, about 15 percent of patients with otherwise characteristic glaucomatous nerve damage have a consistently normal intraocular pressure.
- A positive correlation of cavernous degeneration and glaucomatous damage was found in only 4 persons.
Mid 17th century: via Latin from Greek glaukōma, based on glaukos 'bluish-green, bluish-gray' (because of the gray-green haze in the pupil).
Words that rhyme with glaucomaaroma, carcinoma, chroma, coma, comber, diploma, Homer, lymphoma, melanoma, misnomer, Oklahoma, Omagh, roamer, Roma, romer, sarcoma, soma
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.