Definition of glaucoma in English:
A condition of increased pressure within the eyeball, causing gradual loss of sight.
- He also has arthritis and is in the early stages of glaucoma, another disease leading to gradual loss of sight.
- There has been a lot of debate about whether high blood pressure increases the risk of glaucoma.
- In both uveitis and acute glaucoma, patients complain of deep, aching pain with loss of vision.
- Example sentences
- Vision may still be 6/6 even at the terminal stage of glaucomatous field loss (tunnel vision)
- Conversely, about 15 percent of patients with otherwise characteristic glaucomatous nerve damage have a consistently normal intraocular pressure.
- A positive correlation of cavernous degeneration and glaucomatous damage was found in only 4 persons.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan