Definition of gleet in English:
A watery discharge from the urethra caused by gonorrheal infection.
- The subject developed, firstly, the typical gleet of gonorrhoea, then went on to produce a chancre and then the manifestations of secondary syphilis.
- They also provide testing, in case you're worried that your inability to pee is a result of gleet buildup.
Middle English (denoting mucus formed in the stomach): from Old French glette 'slime, secretion', of unknown origin.
- Example sentences
- The itchy nature of his gleety discharge and the redness of his meatus also pointed toward this remedy.
- The gleety results of a badly treated gonorrhea sometimes yield to it.
- The gleety discharge disappeared and none of these symptoms have ever returned.
Definition of gleet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan