noun (plural gliomas or gliomata /-mətə/)Medicine
- A malignant tumor of the glial tissue of the nervous system.More example sentences
- Malignant brain tumors called gliomas grow and spread into neighboring tissues rapidly.
- Meningeal spread is not uncommon in cases of intracranial gliomas or metastatic carcinoma.
- These 10 tumors accounted for 3.5% of the adult supratentorial malignant gliomas in the series.
late 19th century: from Greek glia 'glue' + -oma.
More definitions of gliomaDefinition of glioma in:
- The British & World English dictionary