Definition of globe thistle in English:
An Old World thistle with globe-shaped heads of metallic blue-gray flowers.
- Genus Echinops, family Compositae
- Plenty of choices abound for perennials, so you can choose your favorites among the following: aster, Shasta daisy, purple coneflower, globe thistle, daylily, scabiosa, goldenrod, phlox,
- The globe thistle flowers stand proudly like drumsticks above prickly leaves in July and August, and, as with eryngiums, are a mecca for insects, which make a beeline for them.
- The globe thistle requires no staking, reaches heights of over a metre, and will attract bees and butterflies to join the throbbing throng.
Definition of globe thistle in:
- British & World English dictionary