- 1Globe-shaped; spherical.More example sentences
- These have expanding necks and bulbous to globular bodies.
- Both have a globular or bulbous bell and the reed is placed on a curved or angled crook.
- The bottle has a direct neck and a globular body and an evened and rounded lip.
- 2Composed of globules.More example sentences
- The small differences among various amino acids are diminished further by averaging over the rather similar compositions of globular proteins.
- First, the titin molecule is composed of a discrete number of globular domains and a nonglobular segment.
- As some of the water was removed, tiny globular islands, or ‘micelles’ of solid material formed in the solution.
nounAstronomy Back to top
- short for globular cluster.More example sentences
- The Milky Way has about 100 globular clusters, whereas giant elliptical galaxies are surrounded by thousands of globulars.
- If globulars have black holes now, then globulars most likely had black holes when they originally formed.
- What is clear is that these clusters, like the globulars, are ancient.