- A large compact spherical star cluster, typically of old stars in the outer regions of a galaxy.More example sentences
- Be warned that first-timers can find it difficult to appreciate galaxies, globular clusters, and planetary nebulae.
- The oldest stars, which lie inside globular clusters that orbit our galaxy, are estimated to be at least 12 billion years old.
- In the 1900s American astronomer Harlow Shapley studied the distribution of globular clusters in our galaxy.
More definitions of globular clusterDefinition of globular cluster in:
- The British & World English dictionary