- Inflammation of the tongue.More example sentences
- Among these lesions, angular stomatitis and glossitis were more prevalent than flattening of the fingernails.
- She also had painful glossitis and angular stomatitis.
- A diet deficient in niacin (as well as tryptophan) leads to glossitis of the tongue, dermatitis, weight loss, diarrhea, depression and dementia.
early 19th century: from Greek glōssa 'tongue' + -itis.
More definitions of glossitisDefinition of glossitis in:
- The British & World English dictionary