- Each of the ninth pair of cranial nerves, supplying the tongue and pharynx.More example sentences
- The hypoglossal and glossopharyngeal nerves innervate pharyngeal dilator muscles.
- Innervated by the glossopharyngeal nerve, it is poorly encapsulated.
- With stimulation of the hypoglossal and glossopharyngeal nerves, there were greater increases in the lateral than in the anteroposterior diameter in all three regions.
More definitions of glossopharyngeal nerveDefinition of glossopharyngeal nerve in:
- The British & World English dictionary