- Of or produced by the glottis.More example sentences
- Modern phoneticians would more precisely categorize such consonants into velar, uvular, pharyngeal, and glottal articulations.
- Many have strangely unresonant, throat-blocked, or glottal voices and use ‘up-talk,’ the tendency to end all sentences in a rising, questioning inflection.’
- But one thing holds him back: the facial tics, glottal sounds, and uncontrollable gestures of Tourette's Syndrome.
More definitions of glottalDefinition of glottal in:
- The British & World English dictionary