Definition of glutamate in English:
1A salt or ester of glutamic acid.
- Of all the 90 ionizable residues located along the ion-conducting pathway, 52 residues are lysines and arginines and 38 residues are aspartate and glutamates.
- The largest contributions to the ligand-receptor energy are provided by aspartates and glutamates in the selectivity filter and carboxyl residues in the outer ring.
- Mutations of aspartates and glutamates were done by substitution of the carboxyl group by the amide group.
1.1Glutamic acid, its salts, or its anion.
- Its synthesis is dependent on the supply of its constituent amino acids cysteine, glutamate, and glycine.
- Monosodium glutamate is the salt of glutamate, an amino acid found naturally in protein-containing foods such as meat, vegetables, and milk.
- The cationic component of the hemolymph is frequently replaced by potassium and free amino acids such as glutamate, proline, lysine and glycine.
Words that rhyme with glutamatediplomate • automate
Definition of glutamate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.