An acidic amino acid that is a constituent of many proteins.
- Chemical formula: HOOC(CH2)2(NH2)COOH
More example sentences
- There are nine such amino acids: lysine, asparagine, aspartic acid, glutamine, glutamic acid, histidine, tyrosine, cysteine, and phenylalanine.
- The biosynthesis of GSH depends on the linking and the availability of its constituent amino acids cysteine, glutamic acid, and glycine.
- These results confirm previous reports, showing developmental proteins to be enriched for simple sequences composed primarily of alanine, glutamic acid, glycine, proline, glutamine, or serine.
Definition of glutamic acid in:
- The British & World English dictionary