- An acidic amino acid that is a constituent of many proteins.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: HOOC(CH2)2(NH2)COOH
- There are nine such amino acids: lysine, asparagine, aspartic acid, glutamine, glutamic acid, histidine, tyrosine, cysteine, and phenylalanine.
- The biosynthesis of GSH depends on the linking and the availability of its constituent amino acids cysteine, glutamic acid, and glycine.
- These results confirm previous reports, showing developmental proteins to be enriched for simple sequences composed primarily of alanine, glutamic acid, glycine, proline, glutamine, or serine.
More definitions of glutamic acidDefinition of glutamic acid in:
- The British & World English dictionary