A hydrophilic amino acid that is a constituent of most proteins.
- An amide of glutamic acid; chemical formula: H2NCOCH2CH2(NH2)COOH
More example sentences
- Without adequate amounts of the amino acid glutamine, however, protein synthesis may not occur.
- The amino acids glutamine and tyrosine will improve concentration, retention and a sense of alertness.
- Contents of glutamine, asparagine, methionine, and tryptophan in the tissues were not determined by this method.
Definition of glutamine in:
- The British & World English dictionary