- A system that ranks foods on a scale from 1 to 100 based on their effect on blood-sugar levels.More example sentences
- The glycemic index measures the blood glucose profile of carbohydrate foods.
- And that relationship is strengthened if you bring in the glycaemic load, and the glycaemic load is the glycaemic index times the carbohydrate per serve.
- They're now looking at whether carbohydrates with a high glycemic index also boost blood pressure and body fat.
More definitions of glycemic indexDefinition of glycemic index in:
- The British & World English dictionary