- A fatty acid ester of glycerol.More example sentences
- Fatty acids form esters with alcohols, and the common esters are glycerides, because the alcohol involved is glycerol.
- Sebum is produced in the sebaceous glands and consists of glycerides, wax esters, squalene, and cholesterol.
- Cholesterol can mix with glycerides and phospholipids and it can apparently endow lipid mixtures with the ability to absorb water.
More definitions of glycerideDefinition of glyceride in:
- The British & World English dictionary