Definition of glycogen in English:
A substance deposited in bodily tissues as a store of carbohydrates. It is a polysaccharide that forms glucose on hydrolysis.
- Glucagon stimulates conversion of glycogen to glucose for use by the cells as energy.
- In that condition, the body becomes less efficient in converting glucose into glycogen and, instead, stores it as fat.
- This enzyme is glycogen synthase, which helps remove glucose from the blood and store it as glycogen.
- Example sentences
- It is a glycogenic amino acid, which means that it can be converted to D-glucose and glycogen if needed by the body.
- Two larger pieces consisted of clearly nondysplastic squamous epithelium with glycogenic acanthosis.
- The relative anti-inflammatory and glycogenic activity is expressed as relative to cortisol as the standard.
Words that rhyme with glycogendungeon • halogen
Definition of glycogen in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.