A condition characterized by an excess of sugar in the urine, typically associated with diabetes or kidney disease.
More example sentences
- Participants not known to be diabetic and without glycosuria underwent a standard oral glucose tolerance test.
- He was aware that pancreatic disease led to glycosuria.
- A rectal examination can determine the presence of fecal impaction, and a simple urinalysis can be used to screen for infection or glycosuria.
mid 19th century: from French glycosurie, from glucos 'glucose'.
- More example sentences
- It is not always accompanied by clinical symptoms but can be diagnosed on the basis of high glycaemic and glycosuric concentrations.
- Blood glucose levels of glycosuric animals were then tested using a One Touch II glucometer (Lifescan, Milpitas, CA, USA).
- Following irradiation, 5 ml of glucose solution was given to irradiated and nonirradiated albino rats until the animals became glycosuric. lrradiated animals developed g1ycosuria 14-l8 hr after irradiation.
Definition of glycosuria in:
- The British & World English dictionary