- A synthetic compound that is a nonselective systemic herbicide, particularly effective against perennial weeds.
More example sentences
- Alternative name: N-(phosphonomethyl) glycine; chemical formula: C3H8NO5P
- Non-selective herbicides such as glyphosate and glufosinate aid in broadening the spectrum of weeds controlled.
- If you must use weed killers, try a pre-prepared systemic herbicide containing glyphosate.
- Remember that glyphosate is a non-selective herbicide.
More definitions of glyphosateDefinition of glyphosate in:
- The British & World English dictionary