Definition of go-getter in English:
An aggressively enterprising person.
- In their heyday, we have discovered, Shakers were business go-getters and technologists.
- This often includes lazy or incompetent peers, ineffective management, or a seniority system that rewards obsolete employees and punishes newer, more aggressive go-getters.
- Market historians tend to view early American farmers as acquisitive, money-making, land-hungry, entrepreneurial go-getters.
- Example sentences
- It is quite possible that the strong-willed go-getting CEO's have been brought up by a very capable and active mother and learnt from them unconsciously.
- If the government is keen on winning the confidence of the people, it must unleash some of its go-getting, hands-on, upright and efficient bureaucrats to take charge of these areas and implement development programmes on a war footing.
- As such, the punk movement, whether it would acknowledge it or not, paved the way for the go-getting - or selfish, depending on your point of view - decade that would follow.
Words that rhyme with go-getterabetter, begetter, better, bettor, biretta, bruschetta, carburettor (US carburetor), debtor, feta, fetter, forgetter, getter, Greta, Henrietta, letter, Loretta, mantelletta, operetta, petter, Quetta, setter, sinfonietta, sweater, upsetter, Valletta, vendetta, whetter
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.