Definition of go public in English:
1Become a public company.
- And not only are more money-losing companies going public, initial valuations can be distinctly frothy.
- For others, it means going public and answering to shareholders.
- There is the potential to grow rapidly, and if you do, getting bought out or going public are distinct possibilities.
2Reveal details about a previously private concern: Bates went public with the news at a press conference
More example sentences
- Over the past few days, since I went public with my complaints concerning the casino, I have been swamped with phone calls regarding the actions I took.
- Coalition MPs were briefed at a special meeting called just before the Prime Minister went public with his plans to strengthen counter-terrorism laws.
- And people are wondering why I went public with this!
Definition of go public in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.