Definition of go public in English:
1Become a public company.
- And not only are more money-losing companies going public, initial valuations can be distinctly frothy.
- For others, it means going public and answering to shareholders.
- There is the potential to grow rapidly, and if you do, getting bought out or going public are distinct possibilities.
2Reveal details about a previously private concern: Bates went public with the news at a press conference
More example sentences
- Over the past few days, since I went public with my complaints concerning the casino, I have been swamped with phone calls regarding the actions I took.
- Coalition MPs were briefed at a special meeting called just before the Prime Minister went public with his plans to strengthen counter-terrorism laws.
- And people are wondering why I went public with this!
Definition of go public in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan