Definition of go-to in English:
adjectiveinformal, chiefly North American
1Denoting a person or thing that may be relied on or is regularly sought out in a particular situation: a relentlessly hands-on manager who is the go-to guy for any issues related to the 17-day festival
More example sentences
- Thanks to their shared investment strategy, Tweedy quickly became Graham's "go-to" broker.
- The boys from the label proved why they are the go-to guys for what's ahead in the techno world.
- He's become the celebrity's go-to guy for hair.
1.1 Sports US Denoting a member of a sports team who can be relied on to score points if given the opportunity.
- For all his size, speed and talent, commodities he holds in abundance, Thornton is in a way the most unfortunate of players: an elite star who's uncomfortable with being his team's go-to guy.
- Despite two ejections in the first five games, Wallace has established himself again as the team's go-to guy and leading scorer.
- He has emerged as the team's go-to guy.
Definition of go-to in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.