1Make a mistake.
- The big area where I personally went wrong was in estimating GDP growth.
- But in the meantime education and information initiatives would be introduced to let people know where they were going wrong.
- I don't know where I've gone wrong.
1.1(Of a device) malfunction; develop a fault.
1.2Develop in an undesirable way: the government has ordered an inquiry to ascertain what went wrong
More example sentences
- He must be tearing his hair out right now because the team are going through one of those spells where everything that can go wrong, is going wrong.
- If things are going wrong, we need to know that they are going wrong, so we can put them right.
- She had a great turn of phrase and sense of humour and could see the funny side even when things went wrong.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.