Definition of go wrong in English:
1Make a mistake.
- I told him to stay on the motorway until we got near Warwick but after half an hour he went wrong again.
- After the exam don't spend endless time criticising yourself for where you think you went wrong.
- Finding out where you went wrong is crucial, but may not be easy.
1.2Develop in an undesirable way: the government has ordered an inquiry to ascertain what went wrong
More example sentences
- He must be tearing his hair out right now because the team are going through one of those spells where everything that can go wrong, is going wrong.
- If things are going wrong, we need to know that they are going wrong, so we can put them right.
- She had a great turn of phrase and sense of humour and could see the funny side even when things went wrong.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.