- A line across a football or hockey field at or near its end, on which the goal is placed or which acts as the boundary beyond which a try or touchdown is scored.More example sentences
- Since the play involved the goal line, it probably was reviewable.
- I believe that for serious fouls, whether the ball crosses the goal line, offsides and handball there should be a 4th official available.
- His excellent awareness of where he is on the field enables him to keep balls at the goal line in play without stepping into the end zone.
More definitions of goal lineDefinition of goal line in:
- The British & World English dictionary