- A player in soccer or hockey whose special role is to stop the ball or puck from entering the goal.More example sentences
- Scott Stevens has shown in this year's playoffs that impact players don't have to be goal scorers or goaltenders.
- The new rules restricting puck handling by goaltenders in the corners below the goal line inhibits one of Brodeur's greatest assets.
- The opposition's top line and goaltender are obvious key players, but that doesn't tell the whole story of their teams.
More definitions of goaltenderDefinition of goaltender in:
- The British & World English dictionary