- Australian term for monitor ( sense 4 of the noun).More example sentences
- A long time ago, probably before the arrival of man, Queensland's Darling Downs was home to some big animals - two tonne wombats, giant kangaroos, goannas as long as buses and marsupial lions.
- Often done in the ‘X-ray’ style, unique to Australia's Top End, they depict barramundi, turtles, goannas and wallabies.
- They are also prey, when smaller, to other animals such as feral pigs, goannas, turtles, barramundi, sea eagles and even other crocodiles.
mid 19th century: alteration of iguana.
More definitions of goannaDefinition of goanna in:
- The British & World English dictionary