Definition of goatskin in English:
1The skin of a goat.
- Inside hang sheepskins, saddlebags, the goatskin that Hector and Lalo skinned yesterday to make chaps, a shopping bag reading I LOVE YOU.
- Unveiled women volunteer shy smiles as they continue with their chores: scrubbing pans, spinning wool, or in one case churning butter in a goatskin suspended from a wooden tripod.
- Soft goatskins and sheepskins were laid out so the fighters didn't damage each other any more than necessary.
1.1Goatskin, or leather made from it, as a material.
- Zulu men, for instance, sport the amabheshu, a type of apron of goatskin or leather worn at the back.
- They appear to have been constructed of greased leather stretched over a wooden frame containing goatskin bags which could be filled with water for submerging and then squeezed out for surfacing.
- Tuareg and Hausa craftsmen are famous for their fancy leather work - beautiful boots, colorful sandals, and goatskin bags.
1.2A garment or object made out of goatskin.
- Canteens and goatskins had been half-drained before this was discovered by unfortunate soldiers seeking to slake their thirst.
- And occasionally the pair produce more than just scented goatskins.
- The family then begins reveling in their salvation, drinking wine from goatskins.
Definition of goatskin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan