A North American plant with showy lilac to red flowers.
- Genus Clarkia (or Godetia), family Onagraceae
More example sentences
- It's a mix of corn cockle, godetia, honeywort, and California poppies that came up on its own several years ago and has been self-sowing for repeat performances ever since.
- The lower bed holds mostly annuals including yellow and orange nemesias, and pink godetias.
- At Pheasant Hill Farm now (mid-April) we have six greenhouse benches overflowing with flowers - Blue Horizon ageratum, statice, celosias, gomphrena, cinnamon basil, campanula, lisianthus, godetia, euphorbia, and many, many more.
modern Latin, named after Charles H. Godet (1797–1879), Swiss botanist.
Definition of godetia in:
- The British & World English dictionary