Definition of godless in English:
1Not recognizing or obeying God: a godless country
More example sentences
- Fr Tirwomwe is one of a growing band of missionaries from Africa, Asia and America who are flocking to Britain to convert a nation they believe has slipped into godless secularism.
- Even John Calvin, that great exponent of Christian liberty, famously forced his godless opponents to burn their own books publicly in order to escape execution.
- Our greatest enemy is not a remnant of godless Communism, or Nazism, but a terrorist who believes that God is on his or her side.
1.1Without a god: humanity coming to terms with a godless world
More example sentences
- It is an extension of Fundamentalists' view that one must either accept the literal interpretation of Genesis or else believe in the godless system of evolution.
- Thank the godless forces that created perfect order out of the universe for the moon's reduced gravity, as it was much easier to just jump to the top.
- The predicament of man forced to live in a barren, godless eternity like a tiny flame flickering in an immense void with nothing but waste, horror and degradation forming a useless, bleak straitjacket in a black, absurd cosmos.
- In the Hebrew language a hypocrite means - hypocritical, godless, profane, hypocrite, irreligious.
- Does she feel it is possible to rescue homosexuals from the godless immorality of their perverted disgusting sexual orientation?
- Second, in the Middle East the Islamists view the acceptance of a corrupt, godless, immoral system by the civilian populace as being responsible for the Western system's spread.
- Example sentences
- But in their railings against sexual freedom, women's liberation, pornography, godlessness, and other purported evils of modernity, the two groups do mirror each other eerily.
- The corruption in the system is a by-product of the godlessness and backwardness of the majority of the people.
- Ninety percent of the commentary on this subject takes in another kind of question entirely: What results from the ‘relative godlessness of mainstream journalists?’
Words that rhyme with godlessrodless
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia