- 1Not recognizing or obeying God: a godless countryMore example sentences
- Fr Tirwomwe is one of a growing band of missionaries from Africa, Asia and America who are flocking to Britain to convert a nation they believe has slipped into godless secularism.
- Even John Calvin, that great exponent of Christian liberty, famously forced his godless opponents to burn their own books publicly in order to escape execution.
- Our greatest enemy is not a remnant of godless Communism, or Nazism, but a terrorist who believes that God is on his or her side.
- 1.1Without a god: humanity coming to terms with a godless worldMore example sentences
- It is an extension of Fundamentalists' view that one must either accept the literal interpretation of Genesis or else believe in the godless system of evolution.
- Thank the godless forces that created perfect order out of the universe for the moon's reduced gravity, as it was much easier to just jump to the top.
- The predicament of man forced to live in a barren, godless eternity like a tiny flame flickering in an immense void with nothing but waste, horror and degradation forming a useless, bleak straitjacket in a black, absurd cosmos.
- 1.2Profane; wicked.More example sentences
- In the Hebrew language a hypocrite means - hypocritical, godless, profane, hypocrite, irreligious.
- Does she feel it is possible to rescue homosexuals from the godless immorality of their perverted disgusting sexual orientation?
- Second, in the Middle East the Islamists view the acceptance of a corrupt, godless, immoral system by the civilian populace as being responsible for the Western system's spread.
- More example sentences
- But in their railings against sexual freedom, women's liberation, pornography, godlessness, and other purported evils of modernity, the two groups do mirror each other eerily.
- The corruption in the system is a by-product of the godlessness and backwardness of the majority of the people.
- Ninety percent of the commentary on this subject takes in another kind of question entirely: What results from the ‘relative godlessness of mainstream journalists?’