Definition of godly in English:
adjective (godlier, godliest)
Devoutly religious; pious: how to live the godly life
More example sentences
- They have nothing to do with spiritual knowledge or godly religious life.
- Indeed, if God were to lift His Spirit from on-fire churches and godly believers, our nation would be a raging hell.
- It surely is not because we are more godly, holy and mature than our friend ever was.
- Example sentences
- Just like an idle mind is a devil's workshop, I would say a mind engaged in its passion is a divine workshop - bringing out the divinity and godliness inside you.
- We are to flee from the pursuit of riches and pursue instead righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, and gentleness.
- Paul tells us that prayers and intercession are to be made for all authorities so that Christians might lead peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan