Definition of gold medal in English:
A medal made of or colored gold, customarily awarded for first place in a race or competition.
- World champions Canada are Britain's main threat for the gold medal and the race looks set to go down to the wire.
- Last night he won his fifth gold medal of the Commonwealth Games in Manchester.
- Kelly Holmes comes from way back in the field to win her first gold medal of the Olympic Games in dramatic style.
gold medalist noun
- Example sentences
- Olympic heptathlon gold medalist Denise Lewis confirmed she would compete at the World Championships in Paris.
- This is a quote from Rick Carey, one of John's former swimmers and a three-time Olympic gold medalist in 1984.
- Meanwhile, Olympic sprint relay gold medalist Darren Campbell will be back in his native Manchester tomorrow for a presentation to a couple of the club's most promising youngsters.
Definition of gold medal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan