Definition of gold mine in English:
1A place where gold is mined.
- I remember they were mining material that was higher grade per ton in gold than was at that time mined from the Pamour gold mine in Timmins, Ontario.
- Anglo's Mponeng gold mine is the second-deepest mine in the world.
- Most people don't realize that Poppy Bush had a gold mine: Barrick Gold Mining Corp.
1.1A source of wealth, valuable information, or resources: this book is a gold mine of information
More example sentences
- The book is a gold mine of information, learned by McMoneagle over two decades of hands-on training, research, and applications.
- The Internet has proved to be a gold mine of information for people researching their family history.
- I suffer from paranoid schizophrenia and depression and find the net a gold mine of information.
- 1gold miner noun
- Example sentences
- South Africa's AngloGold has offered 26 shares for every hundred Ashanti shares, a takeover which could make it the world's top gold miner.
- The story there goes that Russian Jack, a gold miner in the Halls Creek rush, helped a mate with two broken legs, by pushing him in a barrow 300 kilometres to medical help.
- Meanwhile, Dundee Precious Metals has decided to convert itself from an investment company to an operating gold miner, Goodman announced on Tuesday.
Definition of gold mine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.