- A large Eurasian and North American eagle with yellow-tipped head feathers in the mature adult.
More example sentences
- Aquila chrysaetos, family Acciptridae
- They face a host of predators, including sea eagles, golden eagles, peregrine falcons, black-backed gulls and rats.
- He works with a white headed vulture called Ethel, a white tailed sea eagle, a golden eagle, an American kestrel and a European eagle owl.
- Scotland is home to a great number and variety of bird species, including the most golden eagles and peregrine falcons in Europe and some of the greatest concentrations of seabirds in the world.
More definitions of golden eagleDefinition of golden eagle in:
- The British & World English dictionary