- A genetically modified variety of rice containing large amounts of the orange or red plant pigment betacarotene, a substance important in the human diet as a precursor of vitamin A.More example sentences
- How much beta carotene will golden rice supply and with what efficiency can malnourished children convert it to vitamin A?
- A new type of rice, known as golden rice, is one of the crops that the authors say has great potential.
- But the spread of any high-yielding variety like golden rice tends to reduce that crop diversity.
More definitions of golden riceDefinition of golden rice in:
- The British & World English dictionary