- 1A basic principle that should be followed to ensure success in general or in a particular activity: one of the golden rules in this class is punctualityMore example sentences
- The North West Coastguard advises anyone venturing in to the Bay to follow the golden rules to ensure they do not become another victim of its treacherous sands.
- There are some golden rules to follow when choosing a hat.
- Those are two basic golden rules, and they appear to me to be a matter of logic.
- 1.1 (often Golden Rule) The biblical rule of “do unto others as you would have them do unto you” (Matt. 7:12).More example sentences
- We've still got church and sacraments, after all; we've got scripture and prayer; we've still got the golden rule and the Ten Commandments.
- This could include everything from telling the truth, fulfilling commitments and promises, and treating others as you would like to be treated; in other words, the golden rule.
- What Rachel teaches us is the virtue of following the universal golden rule - treat others as you would want others to treat you.
More definitions of golden ruleDefinition of golden rule in:
- The British & World English dictionary