A North American woodland plant of the buttercup family, with a bright yellow root that is used in herbal medicine.
- Hydrastis canadensis, family Ranunculaceae
More example sentences
- These products often include comfrey, chickweed, echinacea, calendula, goldenseal, plantain, essential oils, and a host of other herbs in a base of olive oil and beeswax.
- The most commonly used herbs are echinacea, St. John's wort, ginkgo biloba, garlic, saw palmetto, ginseng, goldenseal, aloe, Siberian ginseng and valerian.
- The clay dries up pore-clogging oil, and the goldenseal and tea tree oil kill the bacteria that cause infection.
More definitions of goldensealDefinition of goldenseal in:
- The British & World English dictionary