Definition of goliath beetle in English:
A very large, boldly marked tropical beetle related to the chafers, the male of which has a forked horn on the head.
- Genus Goliathus, family Scarabaeidae: several species, in particular G. giganteus of Africa, which is the largest known beetle
- Of all the insects discovered so far, the goliath beetle is the world's record holder for size.
- There may be others out there, lurking in the jungle, that are even bigger than the goliath beetle.
- Scarab beetles like the goliath beetle help to recycle ‘used material’ and keep the earth a clean place to live.
Definition of goliath beetle in:
- British & World English dictionary