Definition of good-for-nothing in English:
(Of a person) worthless: his good-for-nothing son
More example sentences
- Hunter, you will die before tonight, you useless, good-for-nothing idiot.
- Finally, she saw what she had been hoping for: the worn out brake pads that her lazy, good-for-nothing father hadn't replaced.
- I knew what the lady had said was just a lie cooked up by my lazy, good-for-nothing parents to get me to come home.
nounBack to top
A worthless person.
- If someone has successfully completed an epic, exhausting, hazardous journey to get here, why assume that they will become lazy, work-shy good-for-nothings when they arrive?
- Novelists are a bunch of lazy good-for-nothings, obviously.
- No, fancy stuff like that was for the layabouts, the good-for-nothings, the dreamers, those who didn't have a clue as to what was what.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India