Definition of good-for-nothing in English:
(Of a person) worthless: his good-for-nothing son
More example sentences
- Hunter, you will die before tonight, you useless, good-for-nothing idiot.
- Finally, she saw what she had been hoping for: the worn out brake pads that her lazy, good-for-nothing father hadn't replaced.
- I knew what the lady had said was just a lie cooked up by my lazy, good-for-nothing parents to get me to come home.
nounBack to top
A worthless person.
- If someone has successfully completed an epic, exhausting, hazardous journey to get here, why assume that they will become lazy, work-shy good-for-nothings when they arrive?
- Novelists are a bunch of lazy good-for-nothings, obviously.
- No, fancy stuff like that was for the layabouts, the good-for-nothings, the dreamers, those who didn't have a clue as to what was what.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.