Not easily irritated or made angry.
- Known as ‘Soldier’ or ‘Titus’, the cheerful Oates was a quiet, good-tempered individual noted for his laconic wit.
- Three months after the death, the family are still struggling to accept that the man they knew as quiet, hard-working and good-tempered had been killed so brutally.
- Parker's big-bellied appearance and his good-tempered and kind-hearted manner make him seem better suited to the role of English landlord than highly successful producer.
equable, even-tempered, imperturbable;
unruffled, unflustered, untroubled, well balanced;
easygoing, mellow, mild, calm, relaxed, cool, at ease;
placid, stable, levelheaded;
informal unflappable, laid-back
- Example sentences
- From their earliest days they were exposed to a world of ideas and discussion, of conflicting views rationally and good-temperedly examined, and they developed a respect for all who seek deeper knowledge and understanding.
- In the midst of it all you must take your stand, good-temperedly and without disdain.
- You'll good-temperedly hand over your bag to be stowed in the hold.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.