Definition of goofball in English:
nouninformal , chiefly North American
1A naive, silly, or stupid person.
- Had not Wray come up with this magical concept, I would never have enjoyed so many hours in garages and basements with other like-minded goofballs as a teenager.
- The Folk Fest, on the other hand, has a town full of goofballs who insist that ‘headliners’ are what it needs more than anything else.
- No wonder Jim Jeffords wanted nothing to do with these goofballs.
2A narcotic drug in pill form, especially a barbiturate.
- I thought goofballs disappeared along with bennies, zoot suits and Vault of Horror comics.
- Here's a little checklist to see if your fitness instructor is selling goofballs in the shower.
- In Vanishing Point, a man known only as Kowalski gets hepped up on goofballs and bets that he can drive a white Dodge Challenger muscle car from Denver to San Francisco in approximately 15 hours.
Words that rhyme with goofballstoolball • football
Definition of goofball in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan