nounNorth American • informal
- 1Zero, especially a zero score in a game: once again, our team goes home with a big goose eggMore example sentences
- The current date and time, along with the current month's calendar, are at the top of the screen, and next come summaries of my accounts (none yet) with a big goose egg for my personal worth.
- All three major cultivars of lettuce (romaine, iceberg and butter) come up with the big goose egg in the caffeine department.
- At the end of the meeting, Jae had eight points, Korie had six, Erica had three, and Finnegan had a big goose egg next to her name.
late 19th century: with reference to the shape of the zero.
More definitions of goose eggDefinition of goose egg in:
- The British & World English dictionary