- An energetic Ukrainian dance in duple time, traditionally performed by men.More example sentences
- In a popular folk dance called the hopak, male dancers compete against each other, performing acrobatic leaps.
- The hopak was first danced by the Cossack of the Zaporhizian Sich in the sixteenth century and spread to the rest of Ukraine.
- It was exciting, and always got the crowd going, with much clapping, expostulation and dancing of the gopak.
1920s: via Russian, from Ukrainian hopak.
More definitions of gopakDefinition of gopak in:
- The British & World English dictionary