1A method of painting using opaque pigments ground in water and thickened with a gluelike substance.
- Dave combines his love of the mountains with his artistic eye to compose striking images and Billy uses gouache - a method using opaque colours mixed with water, honey and gum - and specialises in paintings of birds, landscapes and plants.
- There, he has lived for the past 30 years, mastering lithography, oil painting, watercolor, gouache, drawing, engraving, sculpture and ceramics.
- The exhibits range from creative embroidery to pencil drawings as well as large numbers of oil paintings, gouache and watercolours.
1.1Opaque watercolor of the type used in gouache painting.
- Painted in gouache, watercolor and acrylic, its surface varies from matte to shiny and its colors from transparent to opaque.
- The gallery will present his reproductions painted in not only watercolor, but also gouache and acrylic paints.
- Singh has developed a unique process in her works on paper: she paints with watercolor and gouache on heavy paper, abraids the surface with sandpaper, repaints, sands and then paints again.
1.2A picture painted using the gouache method.
- Many of Erte's original works, including gouaches, serigraphs, bronze sculptures, jewelry and objects d' art were presented, and the ‘Theatre’ room contained furniture crafted from his designs.
- Exception has to be made only for two sun-filled West Texas landscapes - gouaches Doyle painted with the paper taped to the hood of his car, while pulled over to the side of a country road.
- In 1941 and 1942-by the sun and a blue sea that she sometimes seems literally to be drawing with, far from her family and the tumult of Berlin, humming as she worked - she painted 1,325 gouaches.
Late 19th century: French, from Italian guazzo.
Words that rhyme with gouachedémarche, harsh, marsh, moustache (US mustache)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.