- An extra note added as an embellishment and not essential to the harmony or melody.More example sentences
- After several successful repetitions, the louder note may be played ever closer in time to the others, eventually approximating a grace note.
- The Embellisher creates a more lively and realistic performance, automatically changing timing of notes, durations, velocities, articulation and adding grace notes, additional notes and turns.
- The fifth study is cast in the original key, but the left hand contains the inversion of the original right-hand material, accompanied by chords and chromatic grace notes.
More definitions of grace noteDefinition of grace note in:
- The British & World English dictionary