Definition of grain weevil in English:
A weevil that is a common pest of stored grain, which is eaten by the larvae.
- Sitophilus granarius, family Curculionidae
- For instance, a female grain weevil will bore into a wheat kernel to lay an egg.
- The Grain Weevil cannot fly but is a tireless walker.
- Grain Weevils infest stored grain products.
Definition of grain weevil in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.