(also gramps, grampy /ˈgramˌpē/)
noun• dialect or • informal
- One’s grandfather.More example sentences
- I should have been listening more carefully when my old grampy was telling me what shares to buy.
- So I was driving my gramps to the clinic, I dropped him off at the entrance and proceeded to parking the car.
- Today I went over to my gramps ' place to have dinner with them, and this uncle was staring at me.
late 19th century: contraction of grandpapa.
More definitions of grampDefinition of gramp in:
- The British & World English dictionary