- A movement in which both legs are kept straight and one leg is kicked outward from the body and in again.More example sentences
- I don't have a barre or anything, but my chest of drawers is about the perfect size for leg stretches, and I just hold onto my windowsill when I do pliés, tendus, grand battements, all those things.
- And the pianist played the same music for each individual step - always Burgmuller for the grand battement.
- However, steps that require an extreme range of motion like a port de bras, grand battement, or arabesque sometimes can cause back injuries.
More definitions of grand battementDefinition of grand battement in:
- The British & World English dictionary