- (Of a plant) producing grain or a grainlike seed.More example sentences
- Graniferous tracheary elements, which may be either tracheids or vessel members, have been observed most often in the haustoria of root-parasitic angiosperms.
- Graniferous tracheary elements are restricted to the haustorium and occur most frequently in the plate xylem.
- Graniferous tracheary elements are found in the haustoria of several unrelated members of the clade.
mid 17th century: from Latin granum 'grain' + -ferous.
More definitions of graniferousDefinition of graniferous in:
- The British & World English dictionary