Definition of granitize in English:
verb[with object] (usually as adjective granitized) Geology
Alter (rock) so as to give it a granitic character.
- They are primarily quartzite, granite, and granitized schists.
- Rocks are deformed, granitised and high grade metamorphosed.
- The product may vary from a homogeneous rock produced by soaking to a coarsely mixed rock easily separable into relic and granitic or granitised portions.
- Example sentences
- The whole of this territory is, therefore, worth examination in the light of the granitization hypothesis.
- Thus, granites can form both by magmatism and granitization or a combination of the two.
- Glaucophane, is not a mineral typical of granite; it is typical of high-grade schists and may be preserved during the granitization of metamorphic rocks.
Definition of granitize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.